I agree and can relate very much to what Jacob wrote. When I started Collective
Agency in 2011, I got a Council of myself and 3 other people in June, and 5-15
group organizers by July, and 50 volunteers regularly doing outreach in August,
and 150 people regularly promoting each day in September. I put in a few 70
hour work weeks, and was there full-time. People want to talk with the person
who has the autonomy to make agreements, and who has the willpower and the
vision to shape this vision that is bigger than everyone individually involved.

Years in, unless you can (and want to) sell it, I think you will still need to
focus a lot of your willpower and relationships around it.

"Why does this exist as a place?" always is slightly changing, sometimes
buffered, sometimes solved, and always needs someone to steer the rudder of the
ship, while having a good work-life balance and having fun with it.

Alex
--
Alex Linsker | Business Owner
Collective Agency | CollectiveAgency.co