I love all of these creative and community oriented solutions to reduce trash -
and we’ve done them! Hopefully this thread proves useful for future folks
searching for this issue.

Even up until this point, we’ve had members contributing to the research on
trash compactors. :) The issue - and why I’m asking here instead of our members
- is that so far we haven't find any reviews or reports on how the compactors
we’ve found hold up to higher volume usage.

We’re at the point where we have a completely reasonable amount of trash being
generated for 100+ people in the space daily. I’m just looking to reduce the
amount of space it takes up until it’s removed.

-Alex

Alex,
This issue is RIPE for your community to Indyhallify it! If you can name a
goddamn street and start a farmer's market then the community can most
certainly figure out how to reduce its trash. It'll likely take some work in
mind-shifting around what's okay to bring into the space.
First, what composes the bulk of your non recyclable, non compostable waste? Is
it throw-away coffee cups that members are bringing in from their morning
commutes? Is it plastic wrap or ziploc bags or what?? Find the source of the
trash, then reorient as a community :) Hell, I might even go so far as to
collect a week's worth of trash and put it in the lobby.

I believe in you all.

Angel