Hiya, Will,

We had this also when we went from one space to two.  I tred a lot of
things.  But in the end for us anyway it came down to this right here:

Plus it would creat a strange double-pricing structure for two spaces that
> otherwise are *part of the same community*.

(Emphasis added)

That was how I thought of it also.  Our second location was also set up
specifically to deal with a problem I could not address in the first space,
which the inability to have storage/warehousing/shipping.  So I thought of
it more as an annex or supplement to the first space conceptually.I am a
locaton independent kind of girl anyway.

I was dead wrong.  Couldn't have been more wrong.  It didn't clear up until
I finally accepted that the second location had its own identity, its own
groove, and all efforts to make it be like its sister location or to spread
the community over both locations had the effect of strangling them both
off.

Here's how strong the effect is:  our second location is set up on a
revenue sharing model with the owner of the building.  Community management
is now in the hands of one of the coworkers there, who also is paid for
this on a revenue sharing basis (each of us gave him a piece of the
action).  I had thus accepted that I would be lucky to break even with that
many fingers in the pie.  I was wrong about that, too.  Once it broke away
to do its own thing, it did better with more costs.

The reasons the problem appeared are of course interesting; but more
important it seems to me is to identify what is stopping you now,
irrespective of how it happened two years ago.  You can't get the community
back, you can never get back to where you were, for the same reasons you
can't step in the same river twice -- the water has continued to move in
the mean time.  You can only go forward with the two separate, different,
communities you have, only one of which is having an adolescent identity
crisis.  :-)

Cheers,

Jeannine