I agree with Alex, but we have other solutions that can fit to your needs.

I am a java developer and always wanted to develope a printing manager
based on CUPS (https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/cups.html.en)
If someone(or a group) want to put this idea forward, let me know.

The main idea is to create a printing manager api to integrate with your
coworking admin software.

Em sex, 10 de ago de 2018 às 15:07, Alex Linsker <alexlins...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> For monitoring, we do https://collectiveagency.co/community-guidelines/
> which I sometimes describe as "self-tracking and honor system" and it works
> great as the core of the terms of service. Holding people accountable is
> definitely necessary once in a rare while, and a great culture is helpful
> (and accountability is necessary to get to a great culture). We also do
> this self-tracking and honor system with time in conference rooms, and
> members on the up-to-6-days-a-month membership option, and other things,
> and the community guidelines apply to everything.
>
> Members here pay for "Printing at-cost if more than $8 per person per
> month (black-and-white text is 8 cents per page, full-color pages of photos
> are $3 per page)." We have a cash jar next to the coffee and a "misc
> payment$" webpage.
>
> If a lot more members printed a lot more often, we'd probably find a way
> to cover costs and include it in a flat fee for membership.
>
> We also have https://collectiveagency.co/governance-guidelines/ which are
> the governance version of the community guidelines. Recently I've started
> reading about tort law, which seems to be the kind of generative
> law/guidelines that the community guidelines are? whereas the more
> specific/prescriptive terms of service are like most common law/rules. If
> anyone's interested/knowledgeable in that, I'd love to chat about it or
> read book or article recommendations.
>
> --
> Alex Linsker • Business Owner
> Collective Agency <https://collectiveagency.co/> • Coworking Spaces with
> Cozy Community
> (503) 915-4769 office • (503) 369-9174 mobile
> 3050 SE Division, Suite 245 • Portland Oregon 97202
> 511 SW 10th Ave, Suite 1108 • Portland Oregon 97205
>
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:38 AM, <erinndonnell...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> May I please ask for suggestions how your space monitors printing
>> allocations or what software you use as a printing client? We having given
>> different levels of membership printing allocations, and charging per page
>> above that, but not sure how we can easily monitor. Thank you!

Eduardo Nobre
(85) 98605 0000 (OI)
*"I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't
done"*