On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 01:15:10PM -0500, David Golden wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM, David Cantrell <da...@cantrell.org.uk>
> wrote:
> >> Yes, we're suffering already for a few days but today Barbie fixed the
> >> testers master database by hiding the broken reports that come from a
> >> broken and so far unstopped broken test machine.
> >
> > But this is one of Chris's reports, not APOCAL's.
>
> Yes -- that pretty clearly should have been discarded and not sent at
> all.  There's something about 'prereq_data' not being recognized.
>
> Aha!  EekBoek bundles M::B 0.28, which didn't have 'prereq_data'.
>
> Chris -- I think CPANPLUS needs to check the exit code of 'Build
> prereq_data' and fall back on scraping _build/prereqs if it's not OK.
> Never underestimate the ability of authors/users to find the wrong
> module, I guess.  :-)

And there I was thinking I had already done that in CPANPLUS::Dist::Build
which is the culprit

  Revision history for Perl extension CPANPLUS::Dist::Build.

  0.44 Wed Nov 18 12:37:03 GMT 2009
    - Make the prereq resolving fallback to _build/ querying
      if the 'prereq_data' action fails. Spotted by Johan Vromans.

*sigh*

--
Chris Williams
aka BinGOs