Hi,

The following 8 FAIL reports (see below) are reporting essentially the same baffling problem with Inline-0.54_01. The problem is that these smokers are not detecting that Inline has prerequisites - whereas the top level Makefile.PL specifies at least 4 prerequisites (5 prerequisites for perl-5.8.0 and later).

We know that the existence of prerequisites is being missed because each of these reports contains:
------------------------------
PREREQUISITES
------------------------------

Prerequisite modules loaded:

   No requirements found

------------------------------

Here are those reports.

From David Cantrell:
- x86_64-linux-thread-multi / 5.16.0:
 - FAIL
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/867a7f06-bf39-11e3-8187-2cd48706f0e4

- x86_64-linux-thread-multi / 5.16.1:
 - FAIL
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/844f1a84-bf39-11e3-8d6b-d1d28706f0e4

- x86_64-linux-thread-multi / 5.16.2:
 - FAIL
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/e9e8be7a-bf40-11e3-b294-b5278806f0e4

- x86_64-linux-thread-multi / 5.18.0:
 - FAIL
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/2693b658-bf47-11e3-8a6c-1a168806f0e4

- x86_64-linux-thread-multi / 5.18.1:
 - FAIL
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/fda15166-bf40-11e3-8787-e7c08706f0e4

- x86_64-linux-thread-multi / 5.18.2:
 - FAIL
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/80a93330-bf41-11e3-8a9d-cb0f8806f0e4

From Christian Walde:
- MSWin32-x64-multi-thread / 5.16.3:
- FAIL http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/9f275d62-7864-1014-ad6f-831c93e8ee67

From Victor Efimov:
- x86_64-linux-thread-multi / 5.16.3:
- FAIL http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/8bdf6702-bdd8-11e3-8a89-eea0f1eb6092

I haven't noticed such failures with earlier versions of Inline (including Inline-0.54 which was released only 11 days ago) So, naturally, the 2 Makefile.PL files come under suspicion - and they *have* changed. But I don't see how those changes account for the above FAIL reports and there are plenty of tester reports where the existence of the prerequisites is being detected.

Diffs (comparing 0.54 and 0.54_01) for the top level Makefile.PL and for the C/Makefile.PL are attached.

Any insights appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob