Hi everyone,

Leo Lapworth (Ranguard) is working on the www.cpan.org website in the
same way he skinned many of the perl.org websites. He's a bit shy so he
asked that I introduce him since I dumped the task on him. :)

Right now the goal is merely to apply the new skin, get the existing
site into source control with the Perl NOC setup, and deploy it on the
new home whenever that is ready.

Once we've made the switch, we are argue about what the site should be,
but during the switch let's not distract too many people with too many
tasks. :)

------

Now, having said to hold your horses...

Here are some things for the next step, though. Some of these things
people can work on locally and integrate after the switch. Instead of
dreaming about what could be, delivering working code will win the day.

I think David Golden and Adam Kennedy already have the stuff to handle
the mirror discovery, reporting, lists, etc.

I don't know what is generating the http://www.cpan.org/RECENT page
right now, but PAUSE now has a lot of files to show recent activity for
various time slices.  Anyone interested in doing something with that,
maybe even twitter-feed like? Someone had a "subscribe to this distro"
feature. I seem to recall that it might have been part of Perlbuzz.

I'm interested in updating and handling the CPAN FAQ.

Who's going to take care of the donations for the gift basket for
Jarkko and Elaine? Does anyone have a tractor trailer we can use to
deliver it?