On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 03:41:24PM +0100, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 01:55:36PM -0700, brian d foy wrote:
> > I don't know what is generating the http://www.cpan.org/RECENT page
> > right now, but PAUSE now has a lot of files to show recent activity for
> > various time slices.  Anyone interested in doing something with that,
> > maybe even twitter-feed like? Someone had a "subscribe to this distro"
> > feature. I seem to recall that it might have been part of Perlbuzz.
> RECENT is a symlink to indices/RECENT-print
> I'll just point out that my CPAN Testing infrastructure relies on
> the RECENT file as is to find stuff to smoke test.

Mine used to, then it changed, so I switched to using RECENT.recent,
then it changed, now I use RECENT-1W.yaml.

Hopefully that's nice n stable!

While we're on the subject of RECENT*, what is RECENT-Z.yaml?  And will
it ever be updated?  At a glance, it appears to be a log of all uploads
and deletes from the beginning of time up to some point in recent
history, at which point it stops.  It would be Really Useful to have it
be updated a few times a year.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

  Irregular English:
    ladies glow; gentlemen perspire; brutes, oafs and athletes sweat