> eye-opener (the full paper goes into more detail).  My conclusion
> after reading this (well before also actually, but it re-enforced the
> view) is that the safest and simplest thing to do is to just publish
> such software anonymously.

Again, motivation.

The number of programmers that would publish a usable package which has not
even theoretical means of being traced to them is very limited. Even signing it
and keeping the key is a risk.

Also, there is a question of quality. From what I've seen, best engineers work
for shitloads of money. Open source stars are far from the best. Some are
pretty shitty. And 100% anonymous ones are bound to be even worse.

It takes a rather unique person to anonymously publish a good package that will
make a difference and which any bozo could claim for himself.

The fact that such even never happened supports this view.

We are running against the basic law: nature abhors philanthropy.

It will not happen.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows:
http://movies.yahoo.com/