Hi to all,
It was nice to attend LGM2019 my first time and talk to a lot of LGM Developers and Designers. :-))

I want to dive deeper in GEGL and the OpenRaster Format concerning color and have some questions:

*1) Current state of the OpenRaster specifications:*
I found following site about the OpenRaster Specifications
1a) https://www.openraster.org/
1b) https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/OpenRaster/

They have very similar content, but 1a seems to be most up to date version. Is this correct?

*2) Whats about Color in OpenRaster ?*
I didn´t found any description about supported Colorspaces and the handling of color profiles in the OpenRaster Spec.
So which colorspaces are supported in OpenRaster:
RGB
RGBA
Gray
LAB
1-Bit (Black and White)
CMYK
Spotcolor Channels / Multichannel Images

Does OpenRaster supports embedded ICC profiles?

*3) GEGL and Color*
Pippin, did I understood you at LGM correct, that GEGL is able to use different ICC-profiles for chunks/nodes in the GEGL tree ? If yes, is it correct, that OpenRaster would not be an appropriate file format for such cases?
or, If yes, do you provide an extension the the OpenRaster format?
If not, this was probably a missunderstanding from my side...

If yes, the complexity of interactions between colormanagement and blending modes will increase massively. Photoshop still avoids this complexity by allowing only one profile per document. If any new image with a differnt colorspace (e.g. CMYK instead of RGB) or different profile (e.g. sRGB instead of AdobeRGB) will be added to an document, all image colors will concerted to actual document colorspace.

Best regards
Jan-Peter

--
Homann colormanagement    tel: +49 30 611 075 18
Jan-Peter Homann          mob: +49 171 54 70 358