Hi Pippin and all,
Thank you for your explanations. I just learned the term BoF :-))
For me as a newbee in the LG community, I still have the feeling that this mailinglist is a good point to ask questions concerning data exchange and file formats between differnt LG apps. Handling of color in this context is one important aspect, but not the only one, I´m interested in.

I thought, that the OpenRaster format is defined by the LG community to allow the exchange of editable raster files between different LG Apps instead of using the PSD format? Is this a correct interpretation?

Is it correct that the .ora is the preferred format to exchange files e.g. between Krita and Gimp ?

Use cases for SVG instead of .ora?
The current PSD format allows editable text and vetor layers for non destructive editing. Reading the Openraster documentation, i saw, that Vector and text layers are a whished from some persons, but there is currently no plan if and how it should be implemented.

This leads me to the questions, why not use SVG for such cases. SVG can handle both raster and vectorgraphics and is supported widely in the LG universe.

So my questions:
Have you ever dicussed to use SVG als for Raster files to have the option to integrate editable vector and text layers into applications for handling raster files?

Regards
Jan-Peter