Dear All,

Of course there are many issues to be thought of, and I think we all appreciate
this discussion.
However, under the title of this Call for Comments, I kindly ask you
to stay in your comments absolutely focussed. Otherwise we cannot evaluate it.

This is not a recommendation for the Art Trade, nor for cultural objects in
general.
It does not intend to say anything about objects for which no good authority
exists.
It says something about museum objects. This is a recommendation for museums.
It has a clear scope. It is to reduce the URI mess we will have very soon. It
does not
claim to solve all problems.
It contains no second thoughts, and does not depend on anything else what
museums
could do better, or how and what museums should document. Reading for instance
"Rather than pondering the idea of a persistent URI," I wonder what utility
it has, if everybody who has some professional priorities makes this an
argument to
question other people's priorities. It may result in the inability to make any
decision
or progress as a group. We have asked for comments to solve a particular
problem, not what other problems exist.
Please comment on what the Recommendation recommends. Please stay realistic in
what
can be done.

Otherwise, your comments on what can or should be done better in this world are
very welcome,
but I'd prefer under a different title.

Best,

Martin