Dear Oeyvind,

Thank you very much for your comment! The new introduction was actually meant
to be more on a managerial level. I would much appreciate if
someone would volunteer to provide an even less technical text. Even though,
I believe that the museum curator is not the target role as a decision maker,
but the IT department of a larger museum or the IT consultant of a smaller
museum.

To which degree it is possible in a small text to render to a museum director
such a technical issue, I wonder. In the discussions, we had the impression that
the major obstacle for museums to adopt the recommendation is that museum
managers
suspect there is more behind the decision they cannot evaluate. "Better make no
decision
than a wrong decision"...
May be we should just add that implementing this recommendation has no
unpleasant
side effects, by guaranty of ICOM....

Best,

Martin