There is generally no problem with reification qua reification!
The CRM is committed to reification in its model of actions and events. See
Davidson's "The Logical Form of Action Sentences" [1] for the paper that
made this approach dominant. It's worth a read.

The collection "Essays on Action and Events" [2] collects other related
papers; for  commentary see [3] -  mostly for Quine's essay on identity
conditions for events to which Davidson is replying in the second edition
of [2].  Identity is one of the  things that requires consideration when
considering reification.

-----

What is usually being objected to specifically is "RDF reification".
This facility consists of a class called rdf:Statement, together with the
properties - subject, predicate, and object.

The mechanism that is provided is pretty awful.

Here is a reified statement.

_:x a rdf:Statement,
     rdf:subject :foo,
     rdf:predicate :property,