It is easy to specify a property value whose subject is a Property  - this
is just a simple case of OWL 2 punning.  However this is not the same as
applying a property to a triple, or to specify properties of properties.

Sometimes the problem is the inability of rdf to handle predicates with
more than two arguments. Thus a predicate that would requires three
arguments must be reified; in a different ontology language the three
argument predicate could be expressed directly.

In other cases, the predicate may not have a finite arity. This is the
problem that Davidson was addressing with reified events.

Some ontology languages allow for an entirely different kind of  properties
of properties. Languages like CycL, Common Logic, and KIF allow you to
define predicates that take other predicates as arguments. These systems
are not true 2nd order logics, as they restrict the range of predicates to
those explicitly mentioned, but they allow things like reflexivety or
transitivity of various kinds to be expressed in the language, rather than
requiring such concepts to be primitive.

This kind of expressivity can be  very useful when trying to express how
various properties of an item in a collection might be derived from
properties of the collection (or vice versa). This is especially useful
when combined with modal, probabilistic, or non-montonic reasoning (for
example, many properties of a FRBR item can be derived from its
manifestation ; however some items may differ from the prototype - pieces
may be missing, or the copy signed).

Simon