The number two is what all sets with two elements have in common or according
to Gottlob Frege the number two is to count to two etc etc.

Most dictionaries I have checked focus on the difference between digital as
discrete signals and analog as continuous signals. I think this will change
since digital already has a tendency to denote something connected to
computer/non-analog electronic gadgets/devices.

After creating and developing what has been called digital collections the last
25 years and working together with the scholars curating such beasts, my
observation is that a digital collection is very similar to the traditional
"physical" collections. There are of course some differences. You cannot really
store a stuffed mammoth in a computer system without destroying the computer
system.  You may store a digital image depicting it. A digital collection is a
collection of data (maybe information but let us drop that debate here) which
mostly could have been stored on paper, magnetic tape etc, but in the case of a
digital collection it will be stored in a computer system. One usually don’t
care about the representation level (bit direction, sound waves in mercury
(Turing) etc.).

A (digital) collection maybe copied and published as a finished unit. My copy
will not be the collection. It will be a copy (of the content) of the
collection at a given point in time.  It is definitely a physical thing.

To make the discussion more complex: The curatorial aspect is also important
when using the word collection. A collection can be an actor + a physical
(data) set + the activity of curating the (data) set.

In the fourth example on could put the word Digital in parenthesis or delete it:
 The (Digital) Collections of the Munich DigitiZation Center (MDZ) accessible
via https://www.digitale-sammlungen.de/ at least in January 2018

Best
Christian-Emil