Oh, I'm sorry for duplicating your original issue 229 Athina! Great minds
think alike, perhaps?

It seems like 229 was closed in favor of discussing it as part of 307, but
that discussion didn't happen. 293 does seem like a good venue, but
ultimately there is an inconsistency right now (as you recognized long
ago!) that should not persist in version 7.0 regardless of whether
ObservableEntity / Observation are moved into CRM Core or not.

Rob