It's going to be hard to pick one of the five finalists.  But if
the criteria remain (substantially) the same, I think the field
may be narrowed significantly.  I'm making one very crucial assumption
here, of course -- that to the extent it is knowable, all five
finalists (Rijndael, MARS, RC6, Serpent, and Twofish) will be
equally secure.  In that case, performance and confidence become
major criteria.

NIST marked down MARS and RC6 for their bias towards 32-bit platforms
with particular architectural characteristics.  RC6 is denigrated
for a (relatively) low security margin; MARS is criticized for
complexity.  Serpent, though quite strong, is slow.  Twofish is
flexible, but perhaps too complex.  Nothing negative was said about
Rijndael in the summary -- it seems to be very secure, have a fast
key setup time, and excellent performance on all platforms.

When I look at those judgments (all taken from 2.7.3 of the NIST
report), I suspect that MARS, RC6, and Serpent are going to be
dropped for performance reasons.  Twofish and Rijndael are both
excellent performers across the board.  The latter is simpler; the
former seems to have a higher security margin (if I'm not reading
too much into the difference between a "large security margin" and
a "good security margin").  The answer may depend on the weighting
of those two criteria.