At 4:06 AM -0700 10/20/99, Ryan Lackey wrote:
>Anyone want to try redistribution in the US?  I could order 10-20 copies
>from Stefan Brands, assuming he's willing to sell in quantity, and then
>handle resale in the US for e-gold or US checks or regular postal money
>orders or whatever.  If you're interested, email me.

You can sell them through Amazon zStores and Amazon will accept
credit cards for you.

Robert Hettinga wrote:
>If we had bearer microcash, this wouldn't be a problem, yes? ;-).

No. The complexity of international distribution agreements and
general stupidity are much bigger factors than cash settlement costs.
Two of my books are translated into Spanish. The US is the second
largest Spanish speaking market in the world. Can I get the Spanish
editions distributed here? No way!

>Until then, it's F=MA, same as it ever was.

Mechanical Engineers usually quote the law as: "F=MA and you can't
push a rope."

Arnold Reinhold