Eric wrote:
>No matter how well concealed (stego)or how well encrypted (crypto),
>does he have any way of notifying his friends that they should
>look here without alerting the enemy of his attempts to communicate?

It's the same challenge as secret key vs. public key.  If you have no
prior arrangement about where to look for stuff, secret communication is
impossible.  You could, on the other hand, have a "public key" that says
"I will consistently look for stegoed data on this channel with this
encoding, using this crypto algorithm and so forth."
--
Mike Stay
Programmer / Crypto guy