Let's get back to the matter at hand.

I believe that there's another principle, which is that he who proposes,
disposes. I'll repeat -- it's up to the person who says there was/is a back
door to find it.

Searching the history for stupid-ass bugs is carrying their paranoid water.
*Finding* a bug is not only carrying their water, but accusing someone of being
underhanded. The difference between a stupid bug and a back door is intent. By
calling a bug a back door, or considering it, we're also accusing that coder of
being underhanded. You're doing precisely what the person throwing the paranoia
wants. You're sowing fear and paranoia.

Of course there are stupid bugs in the IPsec code. There's stupid bugs in every
large system. It is difficult to assign intent to bugs, though, as that ends up
being a discussion of the person.

I also think that in this case, the accusation is laughable. I'll be happy to
laugh in anyone's face who needs makes it, in person.

        Jon