On 07/13/2011 01:33 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

I believe Mozilla is [in]directly supported by Google. Mozilla has
made so much money, they nearly lost their tax exempt status:
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/08/11/20/1327240/IRS-Looking-at-GoogleMozilla-Relationship.

Mozilla has a lot of cash in the bank and it gets a large majority of its revenue from its contract with Google.

I was also talking with a fellow who told me NSS is owned by Red Hat.
While NSS is open source, the validated module is proprietary.  I don't
use NSS (and have no need to interop with the library), so I never
looked into the relationship.

Google, Mozilla, and Red Hat all employ people who maintain NSS.

They're nice folks, just look them up in the source tree and email them if you have any questions.

- Marsh