On 20/06/12 13:25 PM, James A. Donald wrote:
On 2012-06-19 7:02 AM, Jack Lloyd wrote:
You're
not saying that CRI would hide things, you're just saying that
accepting payment sets the incentives all the wrong way and that all
companies would put out shoddy work so long as they got paid,
especially if giving a bad review would make the customer mad.

Again, observe what has been happening in our current financial crisis.
What reason do we have to believe that CRI is more virtuous than JP Morgan?

People. Some of you might know the guys at CRI and have some view as to how they would handle it.

Do you have a view as to how audit people handle things? I remember sitting down with a big-N auditor in 1998 or so, and him telling me that the systems audit for "major tech firm" was a complete farce - the partners wrote all the bad bits out.

Time. 100 years ago, JP Morgan was a byword for trust. Fast forward to now ... CRI is only 15 years old. Add a decade and will it still see the same interests?

I'm sure it won't.  The big question is not whether but when...

iang