James A. Donald:
> On 2013-05-20 7:49 PM, Mark Seiden wrote:
>> i think we are having a misunderstanding here.
>>
>> any sort of opt-in or opt out doesn't work in the account takeover
>> scenario, which is
>> very common these days.
>
> No one on my buddy list has been taken over, or if they have, they took
> care of it before I noticed.
>
> Zombie computers are seldom of high value.

Some malware is designed to keep people communicating, under heavy
watch; it is not always designed to abuse a system the "traditional"
manner befitting script kiddie botnets.

What steps do you normally take to mitigate Skype exploitation that
leverages 0day and then dumps say, FinFisher on your system?

That is - how would they notice and if they were being logged, how would
*you* notice on your end?

All the best,
Jacob