OK, when debugging with the VS2019 debugger, I found out that an exception
is being thrown in the call to MASM_RDSEED_GenerateBlock in

void RDSEED::GenerateBlock(byte *output, size_t size)
{
    CRYPTOPP_ASSERT((output && size) || !(output || size));
    if (size == 0) return;

#if defined(MASM_RDSEED_ASM_AVAILABLE)

    MASM_RDSEED_GenerateBlock(output, size);

    .... not relevant ...
}

Will look a bit further into this, but in the meanwhile: any ideas on how
to fix this are highly appreciated :-)  I want all the tests to pass!

Kind regards,
Bart