Okay, I've read the articles, but somehow I don't know where to start. I
have to use the public key, generated out of x and y, algorith brainpool,
to encrypt a JWT. The JWT is generated with the cpp-jwt library and now I
really don't know what to do. How can I "convert" the public key I got from

CryptoPP::ECDSA<CryptoPP::ECP, CryptoPP::SHA256>::PublicKey publicKey;
    publicKey.Initialize(CryptoPP::ASN1::brainpoolP256r1(), q);

to the needed byte array. What do I have to use as initialisation vector?
I'm no pro in crypto-algorithms but I have to use them for a specific
project -_-