 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To: crystal-main@lists.sourceforge.net; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Sent: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:46 AM
 Subject: Re: [CsMain] how to tile textures?

  That looks like a bug in the exporter. It should export the UV layout
 exactly as you did it in 3dsmax. I'll forward this mail to Luca who
 made the 3dsmax exporter.

 Greetings,

 On 1/24/07, Tahir Javed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > If there's a seperate art-related mailing-list, I dont know about it so just
 > let me know. :) (I checked the forums but did'nt find any help on this
 > issue.)
 >
 > OK, how does one achieve applying different textures to parts of same object
 > *and tile each texture seperately* ?
 >
 > I'm using 3dsMAX 8 with planeshift MAX exporter.
 > I have 6 textures, each applied to a different face ID of the object. But
 > since I need to tile each texture in different way, only way is to add 6 UV
 > maps, each at a different channel having different UV tiling.
 > The scene looks perfect in 3dsMAX.
 >
 > But when I export the world file and load it in walktest, it tiles all
 > textures as per settings of the first UV map only (which is at channel ID 1
 > )and ignores all other UV maps at channel IDs 2-6.
 >
 > Don't know whether its the limitation of the exporter, or am I doing
 > something wrong. In any case, can anyone suggest how to achieve this? OR
 > just point me to some sample of XML world file where one or more textures
 > are applied to same object 'and tiled differently'.
 >
 > Or is there a better and more efficent way of doing this? i.e. having
 > multiple textures applied to parts of a single object and each tiled
 > differently. Or would it be more efficient to break the object into multiple
 > objects? (though I dont really wanan do that)
 >
 > Many thanks in advance,
 > T. Javed.

 -- Project Manager of Crystal Space (http://www.crystalspace3d.org)
 and CEL (http://cel.crystalspace3d.org)
 Support Crystal Space. Donate at
 https://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=649

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading spam
and email virus protection.