I started investigating the installation problems and discovered that
the Jam installation rules are somewhat broken. (Specifically, they are
subverting the normal Jam binding facility by manually attempting to set
directories on targets rather than using the normal gristing plus
MakeLocate.) Problems are not limited to CS 1.2 and Windows. Instead,
installation problems are manifesting even in CS trunk and for platforms
other than just Windows.

Until this is fixed, I recommend that you just skip the 'jam install'
step altogether. Since you have your CRYSTAL environment variable
pointing at the CS source tree rather than at the installed CS location,
the 'jam install' step was wasted anyhow.

As for the CEL issue, you can see by looking at cel/config.log that it
is looking for CS like this: "g++ -o conftest.exe -I/msys/cs/include".
This is being taken from your CRYSTAL environment variable which is
C:\msys\cs. Unfortunately, when MSYS translates this DOS environment
variable, it turns into something which is not a valid MSYS path.
Instead, try setting your CRYSTAL environment variable to "/c/msys/cs".

Note also that it generally is not recommended to pollute the c:\msys
directory with things not directly related to MSYS since it make
upgrading MSYS more difficult. Instead, you might want to locate CS and
CEL in c:\temp, c:\devel, or someplace similar.

-- ES