From: csgo_servers-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:csgo_servers-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Matthias
"InstantMuffin" Kollek
Sent: 14 December 2015 13:42
To: csgo_servers@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [Csgo_servers] Latest steam update broke the webkit in-game

It's kind of shady that people went forth asking for the MOTDs to be fixed,
and listed a lot of use cases except for ads (which they are all using MOTDs
for).
I get that you're trying to promote and save your company here, but what
you're saying is still bullshit.
These player-abusing communities shouldn't be online in the first place. I
have yet to find a single decent server (no p2w, no pseudo-donations, not
being hosted by actual, clueless kids) that does run ads.
You are part and reason for the change that underwent in financing
communities. From either a bunch of friends that love to play the game who
throw together the money, or communities that create and manage their own
creative, sophisticated and unique content (and could therefore rely on
actual donations), to teenagers that need to rent as many cheap and slow
VPSs as possible to run as many servers with ads as possible (and other
thrown-together things like p2w-systems and weapon skins), trying to force
the young target group of players to hop on and indulge your horrors.

5-10 years ago it was not normal to:
-Get unfair advantages on community servers for money
-Get market item usage rights on community servers for money
-Have an ad played per round (an [expletive] loud one at that)
-Be forced to enable dynamic motds in order to join teams (therefore
theoretically infringing the policy of truth, by not properly stating in the
server browser that this server is not freely available, but has certain
requirements)

So yeah, please throw the first stone if you think this development is not
abusive. Just letting you know you're being a joke though.