Dwain Alford wrote:

> Stephanie Bridges wrote:
>
> > The behavior only occurs in Firefox (I'm using 1.0.4). I could
> > reproduce it in IE for a while, but the addition of the <br> at the
> > end of the content seems to have gotten rid of it there.
> Once it drops down, it stays there.
> > To see it again, clear the browser cache and visit the page again.
>
> could it be that your clearfix rules are incomplete?  you seem to be
> missing: .clearfix {display: block;} in the hide from mac section.
>
> try that and see if that doesn't help.
>
> dwain

Thanks for pointing that out -- I copied the wrong section.  But, that
doesn't make any difference -- one of the pages didn't even have that class
anywhere on the page, I was using a <br> with a class that had a clear:
both.

I can only get the behavior to reproduce in Firefox.  I have changed the
code on the social page [1] to contain each of the paragraphs with a
right-floated image to be wrapped inside a div with class clearfix, but
still no luck.

[1]
http://www.econ.iastate.edu/programs/undergrad/agbiz/LearningCommunity/socia
l.asp

Stephanie Bridges
Economics Department -- Iowa State University
80B Heady Hall, Ames, IA  50011
ph: 515.294.8732 ~~ fax: 515.294.0221
[EMAIL PROTECTED]