Hi guys and gals. I have a peculiar problem with a site in IE6/Win which
I believe is a variant on the peekaboo bug. The site is here:

http://about.82ask.com/

Stylesheets are here:

http://about.82ask.com/wp-content/themes/About82ASK/style.css
http://about.82ask.com/wp-content/themes/About82ASK/ie_lte6.css
http://about.82ask.com/wp-content/themes/About82ASK/ie_5.css

(The pages use conditional comments instead of hacks to give IE
different CSS property values to workaround its issues.)

The problem is to do with the border around the main page content (#page
in the markup, which technically has a background image, not a border,
but visually it looks like a border). In IE6/Win sometimes part of the
"border" (and only part) is not rendered. Sometimes resizing the window,
reloading the page, or scrolling cause the border to reappear, and
sometimes not. The thing is that I'm finding it hard to reliably
reproduce the problem. I develop in Linux and use VMware to test sites
in IE, and in Windows XP SP2 with all updates in VMware the problem only
occurs occasionally, and not always on the same page. However if I
reboot my machine into Windows XP SP2 and use exactly the same browser
the problem occurs on every single page every time.

I'm puzzled because I believe that ie_lte6.css contains the appropriate
workaround for the peekaboo bug (#page {position:relative;}). I haven't
(yet) developed a simple testcase exemplifying this behaviour.

Does anyone have any bright ideas?

TIA.

Best, Darren