On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 15:24 +0100, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> Just to clarify, I've posted a screenshot here:
>
> http://www.dzr-web.com/Screenshot.png

And yet more info: I've realised that the height of the view-port seems
to be a factor. When I reboot into Windows XP my screen resolution is
1600x1200 and I often have browser window almost the full available
height. In those circumstances the bug occurs on every page without
exception.

When I'm using VMware the screen of the virtual machine is smaller than
my actual screen. Again with the browser window at full height I see the
problem intermittently. If I resize the browser to a smaller height the
problem doesn't seem to occur at all.

The element in question, #page, has a background image with repeat-y,
and it is as if IE gets puffed out after repeating it a certain number
of times and then just gives up. Does that sound familiar to anyone?
Would a workaround be to make the image bigger (height-wise)? It's 40px
in height at the moment.

Best, Darren