Dean Champeau wrote:
> It's my understanding that if you're developing a new site, you can
> declare the appropriate DOCTYPE and use fairly generic CCS that will
> be interpreted "correctly" by IE5.5 and IE6. Or am I wrong?

You can get all browsers more or less in line simply by understanding
the two box models and not challenge the differences.
I do it all the time :-)

I most often keep IE6 in 'quirks mode', so a much higher percentage of
users get to see my designs in 'quirks mode' - with the old box model.
All other browsers are of course in 'standard compliant mode' - with the
new box model.

IE6 (and older) versions get exactly the same "box" as the others, and
they are not complaining...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_16.html>
I think they like my strategy ;-)

regards