Morning all,

I'm having a problem with my min/max-width site in IE6. As we all know, IE6
doesn't support this CSS but I'd like to know a bulletproof way of getting it
to work!

I've noticed that simplebits.com uses this method of CSS for his wrapper div
and I've tried to replicate it in the site I'm creating but without success. It
works fine in FF, Opera, Safari and IE7 (as to be expected) but I was wondering
if someone could look over my code and point out where I'm going wrong and
suggest any fixes.

I currently have this:

#mainwrap, #header {

_width: expression(((document.body.clientWidth)) < 800? "780px":
((document.body.clientWidth)) > 1024? "950px": "auto" );

}

declared in my ie.css file but it doesn't seem to like it when I scale my
browser window in - I get a horrible horizontal scrollbar !¬(

My styles for the body tag are:

body {

margin:0;

padding:0 8%;

font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size:small;

color:#000;

line-height:1.25em;

text-align:center;

}

And this for my wrapper:

#mainwrap {

position:relative;

min-width:780px;

max-width:950px;

margin:0 auto;

text-align:left;

font-size:95%;

}

The site lives at www.coopintranet.co.uk/xmas and the two CSS files can be
found at www.coopintranet.co.uk/xmas/css/master.css and
www.coopintranet.co.uk/xmas/css/ie.css

Hope someone can help,

Regards,

Brett

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential to the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please do not use or
publish its contents, contact Midlands Co-operative Society Ltd. immediately on
+44 (0) 1543 414140 and delete it.

Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free from any virus
or other defect it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they
are virus free.

www.blackspider.com