Dear Francky,

I'm impressed by your developerscorner/css page:
        * Qck&Drty raw testpage

<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-inner-new.htm>

This is not what I expected to see happen!  Thanks so much for taking the
time.  This proves that the style sheet is what is messing up the looks of
the menu.

I received another post privately that pointed out that this tool depends
entirely on Javascript, and if one has it turned off there will be no menu
showing at all.  This is totally unacceptable.  Also, the test page does not
validate, another no no.

I tried a suckerfish menu from listmatic with poor results, and then tried
one from HTML dog.  That's when I decided I needed a tool to help me.
Unfortunately this tool creates nice menus, but it's only good if you don't
care if everyone is able to see them.

I think my biggest enemy is the style sheet I have in place.  I copied it
from another larger site that I manage, that has more bells and whistles.  I
think I may hack it down to the bare bones and then try the suckerfish menu
again.   The latest one I found that looks nice and easy to set up is at
http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/navigation/auto_hide/index.htm

Projectseven has a drop down menu tool for sale which makes use of an
unordered list.  They claim it will be standards compliant.  All their tools
are add-ons for Dreamweaver 8, Unfortunately I use Frontpage 2003, but
lately have wondered if I should make the switch.

Can you or any other readers recommend a good dropdown menu tool that won't
bust the bank, but will deliver an accessible menu?

Thanks again,

Tom Rogers