On 12/14/06, Gunlaug Sørtun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For the page in question; add...
> #featured {position: relative;}
> ...to fix the "faulty element-stacking over the edge of an element with
> 'Layout'" bug in IE6 and older versions. That'll fix it.

i think the problem was on my code.

the bottom grid now is inside a new container div. previously, it was under
the same parent div with the top grid. that was the real reason i was forced
to use negative margins in the first place.

so i guess that should avoid me from further problems don't u think? sorry
for the trouble I've caused :P

The <http://kometdigital.web.id/portfolio/> doesn't come through all
> that well in any browser though.
>
> - My Firefox 2.0 can't load it at all. Mozilla 1.7.12 won't load it
> properly either. Looks like the compression-method is at fault, as a
> decompressed version of the page works fine.
>
> - All my browsers show a lot of vertical overlapping of elements -
> making the page pretty unreadable. That's because the layout rely on
> fixed height, and fixed font-size to go with it.

ouch...

As mentioned: the compression-method used makes the page fail completely
> in some browsers.
> It is also not very "friendly" to link to a compressed page for debugging.

ah yes. I'm really sorry for that. I'll remember that next time. I'm using
the uncompressed version now.

FYI: I use a tuned version of HTML Tidy to "clean up" any unnecessary
> spacing, indentation and whatever in the source-code, which gives me a
> pretty small file-size without any compression.

is it available for public use :D

--
http://blog.kometdigital.web.id/ - Pro Web Design - Markup and Search Engine
Optimization