~davidLaakso wrote:
>> It turns out that IE returns a 404 error when I fetch:
>> "http://www.remoteserver.invalid/css/url(file.css) screen"  (PHP on
>> Windows).
>> while the following loads the sheet just fine:
>> "http://localhost/css/url(file.css) screen" (WAMP)
>>
>> Any fix for that or should I go back to using CCs?

> It ain't an easy concept to wrap one's head around. It least it was
> not for me.
> I think what you may want is something like stlye (or whatever) for ie
> like this: url(style_.css) screen
> See my directory: <http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/site/styles/>

Hi David,
I don't think it is a problem with my implementation, as I said it is
working fine on my local server.
The issue is that the remote server doesn't seem to serve the file to IE.
The file exists but IE cannot get to it as it does locally.
As a side note, the hack is not in the file format, as other browsers
download that "weird" file just the same.
I believe it is a server issue, or could be FTP? The way the name is
"translated" on the remote server?

---
Regards,
Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com