I'm trying to find a way to have a two-color horizontal navigation area:
for example, a yellow background on the left half and a blue background
on the right half. I've tried using nested divs to divide a navbar area
into two regions with their own styling. It works, but, of course, this
falls apart in older browsers, so I was looking to see if there's a way
to accomplish it using the unordered list. Then I would have two style
sheets.

I haven't been successful yet and thought maybe this has already been
done in CSS somewhere. I saw something similar at designdetector.com,
but I'm only looking to do two colors. From what I can see of that
source code, it looks a bit complicated.

Of course, I could create a table, which might be easier, but do I want
to do that?

Any tips, suggestions, alternatives are greatly welcomed.

Robyn Smith