Robin Fisher wrote:
> This is my first "proper" project and would like a quick check just
> on the homepage particularly in relation to IE 6 & 7.

Nice project.

> I've been using Browsercam to check and I've noted some problems
> particularly with regards to the right column and the navigation
> menu. Any advice in this regard would be appreciated.
>
> http://www.capturedsparks.com/clients/rspca-new/webindex.htm

The following will make things look ok in IE6, and probably in IE7 too
(although I can't check in IE7 for at least another week :-) )

Add...

#mainrightcol {margin: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-left: 20px; height: 1%;}

* html #mainrightcol {overflow: visible;}

#menu a {height: 1%;}

- The first line simply isolates the #mainrightcol and adjust its
spacing. This affects all browsers, but I've used different means
(property: values) for the latest browsers and old IE6.
You can, alternatively, float that element.

- The second line makes sure older IE/win versions aren't broken by the
'overflow: hidden' in the first line.

- The third line is a 'hasLayout' trigger for IE6 and older
win-versions, which will kill their 'whitespace' bug.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no