Beth Lee wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. It works beautifully. I wish I knew why. I looked at
> margin-collapsing, but I couldn't figure which margins could be collapsing.
> I thought the applicable divs all had 0 top and bottom margins.
>
> What would be a more suitable doctype? A link to a good explanation would be
> helpful. (This is a web certification project, and the course instructs us
> to use this doctype, so I'm not sure I can change it on this website, but
> I'd like to know the pros and cons for the future, or maybe for arguing with
> the instructors :) .)
>
> Beth

This is In reference to your uri: <http://www.callibeth.com/dev2/index.htm>

For more information on margin collapsing see  the CSS-D Wiki :
<http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=CollapsingMargin> .

I think an XHTML 1.0 Strict rather than an XHTML 1.1 doctype may be more
appropriate and suitable for your site. But others on the list are
better qualified to advise you on these matters than me.

Best,

~dL

\

--