This is from a complex example, so I'm using links to pics to describe the
problem (if words are not enough).
 I have a data-editing table; prompt in the left column, input in the right
column.
 If I need to give extra instructions on how to enter the data, or whatever,
that text follows the input in the right column. So far, so good. But if the
instructions are too long relative to the available space, they wrap UNDER the
input field (text box, for instance), and I'd like them to wrap at their left
edge, not going under the input field at all, if that's clear.
 Is:
 [---------------------] Here are some directions
 that are too long.

 What I want:
 [---------------------] Here are some directions
 that are too long.

 (Assumes fixed-width font to make illustration make sense.) Otherwise, see
pics at
 http://www.runwithmcp.org/images/css01.gif (current) and
 http://www.runwithmcp.org/images/css02.gif (desired).

 I've tried divs and paragraphs and spans; inline and float:right, and I
 am absolutely sure it's obvious, but unfortunately not to me.
 All I get is (a) the original behavior, or (b) the directions COMPLETELY
 under the input field, which is not what I want.

 Any ideas?
 Mark Wilson, Computer Programming Unlimited
 Web: http://www.cpuworks.com/
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Our motto: "Getting the Job Done"