Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
> Erik Visser wrote:

>>> Too many "back and forth" corrections between browsers for my taste, so
>>> I leave the rest to others.
>
>> what do you mean exactly with this?
>
> Only that I personally found it hard to keep track of what was targeting
> which browser where and in what order. We all have our preferences when
> it comes to how stylesheets are organized.

ok,  i get it

what i basicly did was:

1. take one true layout [1] as base layout
this provided 1 css file: style.css
all positional css additions are added to style.css

2. for the menu i added Ruthsarian Menus [2] to the layout
this provided a second .css file: menu.css
which contains everything related to the menu

3. then for visual presentation css i added the makeup.css

4. for ie only css: ie.css

So my approach is: take an existing webstandards compliant css layout
that have proofed itself (till some extend) and take out or add code
blocks and css (like the ruthsarian menu) to this base layout.

Why did i choose this approach? Since
- i have really limited time
- and i'am not that quick at learning it all by myself

I decided i better use a good base prooven css layout and from there:
- make websites
- read a list like this one
- read some books
- look at tutorials
- etc.

This might be a slow road for really mastering webdevelopment (xhtml /
css / etc.). But it makes it possible (in the time available to me) to
better myself while developing websites for customers.

Any thoughts from the "gurus" on this appproach?

Thanks, Erik

[1] http://www.positioniseverything.net/articles/onetruelayout/
[2] http://webhost.bridgew.edu/etribou/layouts/rMenu/index.html