Ok, so I think I'm starting to get a handle on this CSS stuff. Maybe.
I have the following page:

http://test.diamondwphotography.com/travel/DisplayTrip.php?n=200706_SWV

And I have a few specific issues I'm wrasslin' with. I have images wrapped
in divs, so that I can keep image and caption together, and have a border
around the set.

1) maybe 10% down the page, I have a lone vertical - and I can't center
    the dang image in the div. I've tried "text-align: center" and
    "margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto". What am I missing?

2) I have images scattered in the text, which is mostly working, but
    when I run out of text and still have images, I want to have them
    stack up next to each other, similar to what Eric Meyer did in his
    "on CSS" book. But they are divs... I tried "display: inline" and
    "display:inline-block", but they still just run down the page...

3) Near the top of the page, I have that really wide image. I cheated
    with a position:absolute to get it to not push out the side, but it
    hides some text behind it, and is inconsistent in positioning between
    Firefox 2 (Mac) and IE 7... Is there any way I can push the text behind
    down?

Thanks,
andy

too dark to read.