Ingo Chao wrote:
> brian wrote:
>>
>> That's not true. The part you've been missing is the sizingMethod
>> param to AlphaImageLoader() [1]. You need to scale it.
>
> Yes, but you cannot stretch any image that is more complex. Stretching a
> marguerite my look like a rose, though.

Who said anything about "more complex" images? Did you miss the part
about giving a div a semi-opaque background-color? For the record,
yes--if one wants an actual *image* as the background, one would be SOL.
Faking a translucent *color* by using an image is perfectly feasible
(even for poor, old IE).

brian