On Oct 5, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Seona Bellamy wrote:

> I have a footer, which has a background image. Within the footer I
> have a
> bunch of links (marked up as a list and floated left) and a
> copyright notice
> (marked up as a paragraph floated right). In most browsers, this
> seems to
> work just fine. In Opera 9.21 and Netscape 8.1.3, however, they are
> falling
> out of the Footer div.

Given the code snippets you've given (a url with at least a minimal
demo of the problem would be much more easy !), chances are that the
text will fall 'out of the box' in my browser, which is not Opera or
Netscape 8.
3 lines of text will not fit in the assigned height of 30~40px.

A few suggestions:
* remove all specified height.
* for non IE win browsers, you'll need a clearing element, given that
your #footer only contains floated elements.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>