At 3:12 AM +0000 10/15/07, Jay Rabe wrote:
>This is certainly a nice-looking solution, however I'm curious about
>one thing. If I put my cursor tip in a top-level box, it drops down
>the sub-menu just fine, but the highlighting in the top-level box is
>only "on" if the tip of the cursor is somewhere above (ie
>vertically) the midline of the box. Clearly not a functional issue,
>but just curious.
>
>  > http://sperling.com/examples/menuh/

Jay:

First, thanks for looking.

Second, your observation is correct -- but only for menus that have sub-menus.

Third, I am clueless as to what causes that effect. It seems that
adding a background image to the menu causes the hover state to act
oddly.

This can be seen in both the top-parent menu, where it preforms as
you describe, and also in the sub parent-menus where the effect is
noted immediately about the image (the hover state turns off at the
image).

This is one of two css questions I have that have never been answered.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------