Cancilla, Dominick wrote:
> I'm working on my first CSS/PHP Web site, a redesign of our company Web
> site. Ideally, the site should have no JavaScript.
>
> You can see the first inklings of my design here:
> http://www.calwater.com/dac_test/index.php
>
> I have two issues I could use some assistance with.
>
> 1) How can I get the left menu bar to load after the main content and
> right sidebar? I'd like it to load last for accessibility and
> handheld-device reasons.

I am guessing you are looking for document source order like this:

/Header/
1/ Primary Content-- center col (California Water Service Company)
2/ Secondary Content-- your current right col
3/ Navigation-- your current left col
/Footer/

> 2) If the browser window gets small, the main picture drops below the
> menu bar. I've tried setting a minimum width but it didn't work -- so
> I'm assuming I set it incorrectly. Suggestions?

Since your center column image is quite wide, a fixed width layout may
be easiest, and will avoid the float drop issue in a narrow window.

This fixed width layout [1] meets the above source order requirement and
/may/ work for you at 800.

<http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/LayoutGala08.html>.

Best,

~dL