On Dec 22, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Jeroen wrote:

> I''m working on a design for a photo blog, and stumbled upon an
> overflow issue for
> which I can't find the cause.
>
> I copied all relevant code to a test file: URL:
> http://test.intellit.nl/test.html
>
> As you can see there is overflow for the X and Y axis, but I only
> expect the Y axis
> to be overflowing. What is causing this behavior? And how can I fix
> this? I suppose
> it has to do with box model which I probably interpret incorrectly?

In your html:
your stylesheet specifies:
> #title-date {
>       padding:10px;
100% + 20 px horizontal padding triggers a horizontal scrollbar, as
that makes #title-date wider than the parent container.

> HTML & css is valid (CSS partly because of opacity stuff for
> IE/mozilla failing;)

You can safely drop the '-moz-opacity'. Gecko browsers support the
'opacity' property since at least Firefox 1.0, if not earlier.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>