Your example below is impressive, Georg, for sure.

But just look at the CSS hoops you had to jump through
just to get what looks like a simple table.

Why go to so much trouble avoid using <table> ?
Just because you can or is there a more compelling reason?

I'm relatively new to the CSS scene, so these are sincere questions.

Rick

/* almost equal height in IE7/win - standard compliant mode */
html>body .row div {min-height:
expression(parseFloat(this.parentNode.offsetHeight)-33);}

/* almost equal height in IE6/win - mode independency */
* html .row div {height: expression(eval(document.compatMode &&
document.compatMode=='CSS1Compat') ?
(parseFloat(this.parentNode.offsetHeight)-33)
:(parseFloat(this.parentNode.offsetHeight)-1));}

/* almost equal width in IE/win - mode independency */
.row .three {width: expression(eval(document.compatMode &&
document.compatMode=='CSS1Compat') ?
154
:158);}

/* border-width compensation - mode independency */
.row .one {margin-left: expression(eval(document.compatMode &&
document.compatMode=='CSS1Compat') ?
-1
:0);}

/* vertical centering in IE/win */

html body div.vam p {
margin-top: expression(((this.parentElement.offsetHeight/2)
-(parseInt(this.offsetHeight)/2) -2) <0 ? "0" :
(this.parentElement.offsetHeight/2)
-(parseInt(this.offsetHeight)/2) -2 +'px') ;}
/* see: <http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_20.html> for more info on
vertical centering */

}

/* overriding IE-expressions used on screen, so they do not apply when document
is printed */
@media print {
html .row div {height: auto!important;}
html .row div {min-height: 0!important;}
.row .three {width: auto!important;}
.row .one {margin-left: 0!important;}
#three p {margin-top: 6px!important;}
}