I asked about this a few days ago, but didn't get any response.  I made
some slight progress myself, but for the most part, it still has me stumped.

I'm setting up a small site with WordPress, and am having trouble
getting my footer to the bottom of its containing DIV.  I'm also having
some issues with positioning within the footer.  This is only really an
issue for short pages, but here's an example:

http://www.vantagehoa.org/wordpress/regional-info/ (styling is not yet
done, so some stuff looks funky)

1 - How do I get the "footer" DIV to the bottom of the "body" DIV?
2 - How do I vertically center the content in the "footer" DIV?
(currently one span and one DIV, but I've tried two DIVs as well)

The section's CSS (much of which seems to have no effect) is:

div.body {background: #F5F5F5 url(images/background2.gif) repeat;
margin: 0em 0em 0em 11.5em; padding: 1em; border: 1px solid #444;
min-height: 95%; }
div#footer { position: relative; height: 37px; bottom: 0%;
margin-bottom: 0em; margin-top: auto; padding: 0em;}
div#footer_icons { position: relative; right: 0%; float: right;
vertical-align: middle; }
.copyright { font-size: small; text-indent: 0em; float: left;
vertical-align: middle; }

The relevant HTML is:

    (content)

FWIW, I'm testing primarily in Firefox 3.0B5, but will also test in IE 7
and IE6 once everything is looking good in FF (all on WinXP).

I appreciate any help you guys can offer.

--

Erik Harris                                http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-        AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7 - ICQ: 2610172        -